Sunday, February 18, 2007

Timeless...




I remember this scene from Notting Hill...where Hugh Grant takes Julia to the park at night. Theres the park bench she sits on, "For Jane who loved this park..from John who always sat beside her". All she could say is,"its actually amazing that people fall in love and spend all their lives together". Am not sure of the actual dialogues or names in the movie, Notting Hill is something I watched ages ago. But yeah, these were the export of words. They keep on playing on my mind at times when I do question the continuity of relationships. Love..a major paradox. A riddle which I maybe will never be able to solve. I have known people spend all their lives together, I have known people change and grow in love. At the same time I have seen love turn into a bitter hatred, and the couple who were once inseperable, part ways and turn strangers. I have seen love make and destroy individuals.
Its divine to see that happiness on peoples faces..the happiness which comes from an age of love and togetherness, from security and stability..isnt it? Its weird..a simple emotion can mean so much in life..whats more is that it makes a lot of difference..to have someone you can spend your life with.

8 comments:

NDEO said...

First of all great pics...really wonderful!!!

Well as far as I know love is one feeling that really makes bonds. Its the mixture with other feelings like jealousy, possessiveness and hatred for others that disturbs the balance. I strongly believe that Love can only make people stronger and trust makes the relationships stronger.

Love is quite simple unless you like complicated things. So taste your dish and carry on. May be you will have a great platter to enjoy with someone special!! Believe in yourself and believe in love!!

Traveller said...

A simple emotion can mean so much in life... A simple emotion can mean life... :)

Love... :)

Drops of Ocean said...

When love seems the way it is...turn to us friends...we are here, I am here. I know how it feels.

Mad Scientist said...

sindhu:I stand coz i know u r there.thanks for everythin

Anonymous said...

Alright now before anyone reads this i must admit tht i have never tried my hands into smthng so serious(gud joke). Dont know and dont want to know too wht Notting Hill is. Its kinda simple frm my point of view. I always beleive tht whatever i do or wht happens in my life i m solely responsible for it. We experience a variety of emotions everyday bt hardly take decisions based on it. same wid luv. its just an instinct.u go for it, enjoy it, cherish it, hate it or like me just frgt it thts to be decided by us. if u r successful , well and gud if not try to learn smthng from it instead of hating or sulking(really sux).

so in short its a game of cricket,
bat well(feel it gud enuf), bowl well(dont get cariied away) and field well(never cross the limits).

now thts wht i call Xp rience!!

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

I remember a Fred Allen quote about love....

It is probably not love that makes the world go around, but rather those mutually supportive alliances through which partners recognize their dependence on each other for the achievement of shared and private goals.

Two people cant love each other perfectly for a lifetime...human beings are not naturally monogamous...what we call love is a mixture of dopamines, epinephrine, and serotonin....these are all chemicals which give love the "out-of-this-world" detached feeling....its like a drug high without drugs...but as Newton said "What goes up, must come down"....the feeling eventually wears out and that is the time when those endearing imperfections don't seem so endearing anymore....

neenz said...

http://neenztrooper.blogspot.com/
check my blog....:)

maximus said...

Your work is commendable. Youw rite really well.. I just started reading your work and it has interested me to a great length.