Monday, March 18, 2013

Autumn Rains

I stop a while to feel the wind
to savour the music as it sings
to dance in the falling rain
to sculpt my soul in the snow

I stop a while to hear the birds
to feel the magic of spring
to drench my soul in the glowing yellow
before the gloom autumn brings

Then comes the day of grey and gloom
When the flowers are gone and the warmth is too
The tired ageing leaves now red
Fall on the ground in the slightest breeze.

The withered trees do pain my heart
with a mundane sense of raging death
but the memories of summer makes me walk still
And with the hope of white the snowy winter brings
I tread my path and rake the leaves

I sit and watch the now bare road to my house
Hoping some warmth would find its way
In the long shadows of barren autumn
Perhaps the chirps of the last leaving flock..
would stir the silence in the air.

But the breeze turns into a raging storm
and scatters the pile of the raked dead leaves
And the cleared path which held all hopes of joy
is littered now with autumn filth

I sit and stare embittered and sullen
Not knowing if I should rake again
My duty, I say, and I make my mind
That the road be cleared for the hope to bide

Yet just before I stand up and sigh
The greying skies do stall my way
The sullen heavy clouds of autumn
now scatter their freezing loan from the ocean.

This autumn rain all dull and icy
now halts my self set call of duty
And till it stops will I vaguely know
if the road to let new hopes come by...
would flood or lay messy still.

Yet a another part of me would think
Perhaps the flood would wash away the litter
And clear the path for my hopes to come
Yet all I do is wait for the rain to stall
and hope my road isn't still scattered with death.













No comments: