Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Walk I Remember

Pain talks to me through the night,
and keeps me awake when my body cries for rest.
Time sets me riddles while emotions test their might,
to ask my dead heart if it still beats in my chest.

Its all so strange when they say u r strong,
or mistake your strength for apathy.
I am still finding the place where I belong,
when destiny has no space for sympathy.

I walk ahead coz I know not how to stop,
I walk the road I know not where it leads.
In the journey of finding love and life,
I walk on as my body bleeds.

No memories help me heal anymore,
No happiness can make me dream like before.
Its this moment which shall linger in my mind,
I remember this walk, not the one before.
Its etched in my destiny now I know,
that immunity to pain comes when ur hurt the most.

And all the people who come and go,
are plain memories now washed ashore.
They are shells I pick up and lay to rest,
they are dead, like my heart, they said!

1 comment:

nihar said...

immunity to pain comes when ur hurt the most- simply awesome thought...