Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Survival part 2

I should rather say I had no other option than to knock at the farm gates. The village was a good ten kms away and my prevailing health problemns barred me from walkin the distance. I could do that well as a kid...welll loss of energy is another thing i can add to my list of losses.
I stood drenched in the rain a good ten minute span to decide whether intruding into the old farm gates was ethical at this hour. An age old memory of gettin thrashed by the old lady during a certain adventure trip of stealing mangoes lingered fresh in my memory..."ur grandfather forgot to teach u not to steal u troublesome girl....just look at the guts u have...a thief that too a girl !"..she had hit me with her bamboo cane...ouch..the memory still hurts..

But then it had been a long time now....I thought she would have been dead long time and I would be lucky finding the new occupants of the farm. The farm hadnt changed in all these years..it was still the same ..lush green acres of trees...mangoes guavas custard apple berries...the scent of wed mud in the air ....someone was still takin care...watering the garden ...removin weeds...

My knock at the door returned a harsh shrill voice answering " who the hell it is?"...before i could run away the door opened flat on my face and my nightmare in the form of the old lady appeared...."cant u reply...what time is it u fool..what work u have here...answer me..are u deaf by any chance?"
In all that bombardment of questions i could only squeak out few words which hardly held meaning....." car.....broke...rain ...village".....
"WHAT!" to that i conjured up my guts to say" my car broke...its rain..village far...can i st.............ay???"..

Well not that i really wanted to stay in the farm now that i had met the old lady...alive ...still greyin...but standin tall where her temper was concerned...even her voice hasnt lost the pitch..

5 comments:

NDEO said...

Story is building up.....Is it a thriller by any chance...?

Drops of Ocean said...

well part 1 was more like the story..To Kill The Mocking Bird. you drawing inspiration from it by an chance? looking forward to the next part!

Mad Scientist said...

its not a thriller..its not an adaptation of to kill a mockin bird...wait patiently

NDEO said...

Waiting for the concluding part...

Traveller said...

Well This could not be a thriller... how, when one can smell nostalgia all over..

Waiting for concludin Part...